Plantain Herbal Drawing Salve
Plantain is an herb with many uses. Make this plantain infused drawing salve to relieve all your bug bites, bee stings, slivers, and rashes.
- 1 cup base oil of your choice (I like 50% olive oil with 50% coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup plantain leaves dried
- 1/4 cup dandelion blossoms dried
- 1/4 cup fennel fronds dried
- 3-4 tablespoons beeswax pastilles
- 48 drops essential oils, optional I like fennel, ravensara and rosemary in equal parts
Combine base oil and dried herbs in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Place in a small crockpot with water to the fill height of the jar. Infuse on the lowest setting heat for 24-48 hours. Alternatively, the oils can infuse without heat for six weeks, or rapid infuse in a double boiler over for 30 minutes.
After oil is adequately infused, strain through muslin or cheese cloth. Return oil to a double boiler, add beeswax and essential oils, then warm until completely melted. Remove oil/beeswax mixture from heat.
Pour into individual 2-ounce containers (approximate 4) or other similarly sized jars. Allow to cool completely before putting a lid on the jar.